11/08/2010

Colour your hair


Did you know, that around 40% of men and 60% of women are not really happy with their own natural hair colour. I belong to that 40% of those men. But I'm also doing something about it already since I was 15. It all started just as fun and sidelineing. Some of you might remember International Hairstylist Contest Londa - this was something really huge and long awaited among not only local public, but also for related folks from overseas. For 3 years I did modelling for Ukrainian (my hair-style took grand prix), German and Bulgarian teams. During endless bleaching, perming, combing, dyeing and drying I learned how all that stuff works. Also I learned that mother-nature endowed me with great hair, that can be transformed into whatever I want.





So colourful journey of my hair has began - I was brunette, blond, dark, maroon and even blue. Then, around 1 year ago, I realized, that I, nor my friends (even parents) can't recall what was my natural colour. In order to ascertain it, I decided to grow my hair out with out any attempt of altering it's colour. I can't actually remember who, but either L'Oreal or Garnier, had a very funny colour in their pallet called "Latvian Green" this is some kind of a dark-blond with greenish reflection - that appeared to be the closest description of my natural colour. 

I mean greenish reflection...so surely it didn't last for long and already last summer I went more brownish, which slowly transformed into blondish and from last autumn into red ginger direction. Most people say, that more darker tones suit me better, I think that my face can handle any colour. Important is not to forget to match eyebrows' colour.

Now to the practical part. Which brand is good? Well, most of the time I use L`Oreal Excellence Crème or Recital Preference. I'm always sure about the result and that my hair won't fall out, and my scalp remain healthy. Sometimes I use L`Oreal Professional Majirel cream, but for that you have to have an expertise in hair dyeing and actually an access to that brand (it's sold only to hair stylists). Luckily my hair grows quite fast, so I have to colour it every 3rd week. Last week, when I saw that I'v got these greenish dark-blond roots 1,5 cm long I dashed to closest Drogas, willing to get some L`Oreal, but, oh God!, I became a victim of marketing. There was a new hair colour cream by Syoss (Schwarzkopf) which was on promo price. So I bought it for less than 4 LVL.


A good news, was that my hair got the colour I was expecting, the bad one - my scalp did't react well on it - it was irritated for two days... Well, I can't really complain, as you might know, when you buy unfamiliar brand, you have it test 48 h before applying it (everything is described in an instruction)...I don't know who normally does it, especially when a person like me is totally non-allergic.


If you never had dyed you hair, but you'd love to, please make your first time pleasant - go to your hair stylist, let him/her do it for you. By doing that you`ll avoid possible disappointments and damages. You hair stylist also will consult you how to take care of coloured hair and how to maintain it's new colour.

this is how I look now.

Have a great day!
Dee for ED!

          

No comments:

Post a Comment