13/07/2010

RETRIITS

It's been two weeks since last post. I feel very horrible, but there are few reasons why I didn't post for so long. First of all I was in a countryside with a very slow internet, but when I got back to Riga a week ago, my handbag with all my digital devices got stolon. Don't ask how and when....it's a long story and maybe if I'll be brave enough I`ll post it. Actually the fact that I got mugged I caused a tiny depression, BUT I already knew, that I was going to RETRIITS organized by my trainer Kaspars Ozoliņš and Eda Magone. 
RETRIITS is a kind of a retreat (a time spent meditating or reflecting). This retreat has nothing to do with religion at all as some might think. Yes, there were some of yoga/Buddhist practice, but in very light way. About this I'm tell a bit later. 

1st day
I drove to the location (Ērģeme) together with a lovely young lady named Elza Sebre, who is a fitness instructor and also a blogger (http://elzafit.weebly.com/). I was fun ride - in the beggining we were ahead the schedule, but eventually we had to find a cord for audio device (this was very important, as without i we wouldn't have any music)
      Elza Sebre 
When we finally arrived, we packed out and everyone gathered in a hall. We sat on a floor in a circle and each had to introduce him/herself and make 3 sips of a ceremonial drink.
  K family
Eda Magone introduces herself firs and takes a sip of that sweet drink 
When we were done with the introductory part all newcomer had to go through initiation ceremony. It sounded scary, but honestly it's nothing comparing to school/university initiations. It was fun, exciting and some known amount of white flour was involved  ^_^
nasty initiation drink with oil, Icelandic tea and other awful herbs

 When we went thorough all test and initiation was over, Eda Magone and Kaspars Ozoliņš presented us a symbolic necklace. That meant we became members. 

After we had a vegetarian supper. Talking about the food, I must note, that all we ate was vegetarian and this was actually first time ever when I didn't eat any meat for 3 days. This was different, and hey, why not to experiment a bit more. I just have to find a right time to try veganism.
famous Latvian beetroot cold soup and a desert (kissel with semolina)
In the end of the day we had a common activity - mandala creating. This is an old Hindu and Bhudist tradition - this is both religious and spiritual ritual, but basically it is meditation. Original mandala has a geometrical form. We were offered to use some natural materials - rice, peas, beans etc. We just had to participate and by doing that to transit your worries (if you had any) or joy into your ornament. 
    

Mandala in progress
Kaspars starts mandala 
2nd day
follows 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment